I could go on and on indefinitely about the things I am thankful for, as could you, I’m sure. We are all so blessed, are we not?
1.My Savior. He gave me life, he gave me new life, and he gives me peace, hope, joy – all that I need is found in Him. I don’t know where I’d be without His mercy and grace. I love you, Lord!
2. My family. Truly I think I have the best in the world. Dad, Mom, and Ada – I love you so very much! And all my aunts and uncles and cousins and everyone else I’m privileged to call a relation – (hugs)
3. My friends. Who, in many ways, are an extension of my family. We’ve been through good times and bad times together, and we’ve been there for each other every step of the way. I love that we’re such a close-knit group and that even through all of the changes we’ve gone through during this becoming adults thing and though our friendship may have shifted and stretched and found new patterns, it’s stayed firmly intact.
4. My church. I feel truly blessed to be able to worship God with my church family and to grow and learn with them. I love my pastor and his wife and I’m thankful for their strong stand on God’s word.
5. My health and physical abilities. This is something I tend to take for granted a lot. I don’t know about you, but stopping to marvel and be thankful about the way my body is made so that I can do the simplest of things without even thinking about what I’m doing just isn’t in my daily schedule, though it should be.
6, Trials. Sure, it seems a bit of a weird thing to be thankful for, but I’ve learned they truly are necessary for teaching us life lessons. This year has brought some pretty big ones, really hard ones too, but it’s been so neat to watch God work through them all in both my personal life and in the lives of others. And though they were painful, I’m thankful for the lessons God taught me and is continuing to teach.
7. My job. I just have so much fun there every day! The kids are so great, the girls I work with are great. I mean, do you get to work with a crazy* girl named Danielle who turns a stuffed duck named Mr. Quackers into Tom Turkey pleading for pardon from Mr. President?
*I mean that in the nicest way, of course.
8. My home. I’m sitting here on my nice comfy couch, all warm and cozy and thinking about the nice warm bed awaiting me down the hall – and very aware that there are too many people in this world who don’t have any of it. Same goes for food and clothing. And I suppose these things could all be wrapped up into living in America and being free.
9. Light. Another weird thing but I love light. I’d have a really hard time living in a place like the arctic where it was dark for long periods of time. Also, light has a lot to do with photography – I really enjoy photography so much and it’s become such a big part of my life. I like being Linz the Photographer. I’m thankful that I’m able to pursue this hobby of mine and have lots of fun while doing so.
10. Unconditional love. I have it coming at me from every side, it seems – from God, from my family and friends – those who know all about me but love me anyway, and knowing that in spite of all my faults and failures they still love me … yeah, that’s definitely something to be thankful for because if their love was dependent on me proving myself worthy of their love, I’d never make it.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!